Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Little Ceasars - Big Deal Veal Sandwich?

I remember a sandwich they sold years ago called the Big Deal Veal! Does anyone know if they still make these? I can't find it locally.Little Ceasars - Big Deal Veal Sandwich?
I'm sorry, but they don't sell the sandwich any more. I saw your question just before i went out to go to the grocery store. So I dropped into Little Ceasers to get a pizza as well, and I asked, but the employee at the counter said they haven't served those in years.Little Ceasars - Big Deal Veal Sandwich?
Little Caesars is a pizza place, isn't it?



I managed one back in 1986, and we had pizza and "crazy" bread sticks. Of course I haven't gone near one since then, so the menu could have changed. Veal? I doubt it, considering the cost of veal (the other white meat) :)Little Ceasars - Big Deal Veal Sandwich?
Never heard of that sandwich..

7 comments:

  1. The Big Deal Veal was a sandwich that was primarily sold at the units known as Little Caesars Pizza Stations. These were stores with dining rooms and drive-through windows (except mall locations, which lacked the drive-throughs). The original Pizza Stations are gone, thought the company revived the name for the Kmart operations. However, the Big Deal Veal is not on the Kmart menu.

    The recipe was fairly simple: a breaded veal patty, a slice of provolone cheese, the same sauce they used on spaghetti, and a circular bun made from the same dough used to make pizza. After coming out of the oven, the bun was brushed with garlic butter (now they use a "Crazy Bread Spread" that is pre-formulated).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hooked on the big deal veal. It was circa 1979. Wish they would bring it back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were the best sandwiches ever! I wish they still made them 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were. I bought one whenever I passed a Pizza Station.

      Delete